Live, from Peoria, Illinois, it’s Saturday Night starring this week’s host, Dac’s Steakhouse with special guests, Peter, Brent, Ben, Matt and the entire Dac’s Smokehouse crew! Now, please welcome the newest addition to Campustown, Dac’s Smokehouse!
Here we are at Dac’s Smokehouse in Campustown. This space was formerly occupied by Smoky Burgers ’n Frites and before that it was Bellacino’s sandwich shop. That was a chain, but now it’s locally owned, which I love! Let’s go inside and check this place out!
Wow, it’s nice and spacious in here. And check out the four menu boards in here, there’s lots of selections here on the menu to choose from. I walked down the front aisle and there’s two women in front of me at the ordering counter.
Once I got to the ordering register, I met Matthew White on the far left who’s the owner of Dac’s Smokehouse. He called up his crew to be in the picture and they are from left: Bryan, Travis and Meghan. Matthew told me that you can order online right here and they also offer catering options. Matthew has a background in fine dining in Chicago and returned to his native home of Peoria for family reasons and decided he wanted to pursue his love of barbecue and smoky meats here in Campustown.
I love the square dining area here in the restaurant and I see some familiar faces out there. Let’s go and say hello to them!
All three of these gentlemen have been featured on the MBIP blog. In the top photo are Peter and Brent and Peter was featured in this post from Sarah and The Underground’s CD release party and Brent was part of this MBIP post on Peoria’s Bike Co-Op. Below, Ben was our waiter at One World Cafe for our 36th week of pizza. Great to see all of them again!
I love the chalkboard wall in here and added MBIP to the mix!
As you can see there’s a nice selection of beer in here to wash down the barbecue treats! They also have a decent selection of wine as well.
And check out all of the sauces on display! They’re all made in-house from original recipes.
I asked Matthew if he would prepare a sampling platter from the menu so I could try a little bit from the large menu and here he is with it!
It looks amazing!
This is my meal by the numbers:
1. Corn Bread: The corn bread had little bits of jalapeño peppers in it and it was so tasty!
2. This is the Cheesy Corn and it’s a rich and creamy take on corn and it was very delicious!
3. The chicken wings are smoked and Matthew served mine up with the house-made Tandoori Hot Sauce which was spicy and had just the right amount of heat.
4. This is the Brisket Chimichurri taco which consists of brisket chimichurri, cotija, pickled red onions and pickled jalapeños. It was unbelievable!
5. These are the Tandoori Fries which are slices of potatoes with spicy smoked Tandoori Chicken.
6. I love macaroni and cheese and this was perhaps the best Mac and cheese I’ve ever had! This is Cajun Ham and Andoiulle Sausage Mac and Cheese and it was rich, creamy and oh so flavorful!
This was a majestic meal, thanks to Matthew and his crew for this delicious Saturday night feast!
Of course I skipped the beans, but if you are a bean eater, I’m sure they’re delicious, I’m just not a bean eater!
Four Galloping Gourmets—This is smoked flavors like you’ve never tasted! It’s gourmet barbecue and all of the flavors and sauces are handmade at Dac’s, you need to sample some of these entrees right now, believe me! It’s some of the most unique and original barbecue I’ve ever had!
1200 W. Main Street
Store # 11 in Campustown